The "Miller's House." Built in 1930, this small, 1½ story,
gable-roofed house is approximately 24x30 feet. It is constructed
of uncoursed stone rubble with recent asphalt shingle roofing and
is virtually unaltered. Peter Takken, who had acquired the mill in
1920, built the present miller's house. As it turned out, Takken was
to be the last miller at Terrace.
Right next to the Mill
across from the Mill Pond
is the Miller's Stone
Lace against Stone
it's in the details!
The stone house offers a quaint historical presence to the
Historic Terrace Mill District.